You may already know that Community Forklift is currently hiring contractors for our Outreach & Education team. Well, one of our awesome partners is hiring too!
End Time Harvest Ministry is a local nonprofit that empowers youth and families in our community. We’ve collaborated in many ways over the years (for example, they send smart young interns to the Forklift each summer).
Do you know anyone who would enjoy working with local youth?
End Time Harvest Ministries – Career Development & Outreach Specialist $40,000 – $50,000
If you are a mature, bi-lingual (English/Spanish) speaker, and energetic professional who enjoys working with students (and their families) and would like to serve in a full-time position supporting a youth development and empowerment organization to achieve its organizational goals and mission, then you should immediately contact End Time Harvest Ministries (ETHM) at (301) 220-4333 during working hours. Visit us at www.ethm.org
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have at least 3 years of community-based youth development, education and/or recreation experience; have demonstrated that he/she is capable of effectively multi-tasking; works well with diverse cultures; and have helped to established career & college programs for middle and high school students. This experience could have been acquired by directing a career and college prep program, as a professional middle or high school educator; youth director; or youth mentoring program, etc. A bachelor’s degree in education, social, public administration, ministry, or some related field of study is desirable. Individual pays attention to details, proof reads work efficiently, is proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point and possesses proficient social media skills. Applicant must possess bilingual skills (English and Spanish) and is fluent (verbally and written) in both languages. Independent transportation (a car) is required.
1. Enrolls students into ETHM’s Pathways to Career Success Program
2. Administers career assessments and other tests
3. Councils and advises students (with parents) regarding students’ academic and career paths
4. Coordinates and conducts job readiness training
5. Recruits and places students to work with businesses for summer internships
6. Coordinates outreach activities
7. Establishes good relationships with business and stakeholder partners
8. Assists students with SAT registrations, college and scholarship applications
9. Helps students prepare their resumes
10. Maintains student and administrative files including students’ Individual Career Development Plans
11. Coordinates college/career prep with school counselors and outside contractors
12. Coordinates community outreach activities/events
13. Provides administrative support for all organizational programs
14. Prepares student progress reports
15. Tracks student data, scores and compiles students’ evaluations and tests
16. Prepares progress reports
Background clearance required: Applicant must have received a background clearance by the Prince George’s County Public School System that includes criminal background and sex offender registry checks. This expense is borne by the applicant. Please visit us on line at www.ethm.org