Community Forklift is seeking a Weekend Retail Sales Supervisor to work with a growing green business. The position is responsible for the direct supervision of sales staff. This is not an entry-level position. Weekends are required.
• Prior retail management experience required
• Proven success supervising staff and providing leadership
• Ability to create and maintain a cooperative team-based work environment
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Self-starter and creative problem solver
• Experience exercising sound judgment and common sense
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
• Ability to assist all customers or donors in a courteous, friendly manner
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for reuse, sustainability, environmental advocacy and green business
• Able to perform physical labor in all seasons (our warehouse is NOT temperature controlled)
• Strong English speaking and writing skills (Strong Spanish speaking and writing skills a plus!)
• Part-time (weekends required) with the possibility of additional weekday hours
• Provide direct sales assistance to customers
• Train and support sales staff
• Provide decision-making authority for sales issues during designated shift, including pricing, staffing, customer service and policy implementation
• Provide effective organization and improvement of all check out and sales-related policies and procedures
• Responsible for oversight of daily close out and related record keeping
• Ensure accurate recordkeeping for consignment sales, customer discounts, and employee purchases as well as other sales- related financial procedures
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff to fulfill the mission and support team activities
• Competitive hourly wage
• Subsidized health, dental and vision plans available
• Opportunity for advancement as the business grows.
Send a resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to: Weekend Retail Sales
Supervisor Position, c/o Community Forklift, 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston, MD 20781,
by fax to (301) 985-5182 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Community Forklift offers a Sustainable Business Internship every spring, summer, and fall.
As our Intern, you’ll work with our Outreach & Education Team to build our outreach & publicity both online and in the community. We’ll consider your existing skills and interests to develop a semester-long project compatible with your own academic goals.
In addition, you should expect to gain experience and skills:
Please note that our internship is unpaid, but a small stipend to cover your travel will be reimbursed to you at the end of your internship.
Applications accepted year-round. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Outreach(at)CommunityForklift(dot)org.
Thanks for your interest!
Come get your hands dirty for a good cause! Volunteer at the Forklift for a few hours, a day, or even on a regular basis. Opportunities range from helping out at community events to cleaning up and organizing sections of the warehouse.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our volunteer inquiry form here.