Work With Us
Receiving and Processing Coordinator
Community Forklift is seeking a Receiving and Processing Coordinator (RPC) to work full-time with our growing green business. This person will provide support for the receiving and processing of donated building materials at our warehouse. The RPC will provide secondary supervision to the full-time and part-time staff to ensure an effective, well trained and collaborative work environment. The focus of this team is receiving donated materials, interacting with donors, identifying donations, cleaning and repairing donations and managing the organization of materials in the warehouses.
Qualities of the perfect candidate
- Working knowledge of building materials
- Interest and/or experience with vintage, antique, or unusual commercial or residential materials
- Prior receiving or warehouse management experience
- Prior retail experience a plus
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills particularly the ability to work with a diverse constituency of customers and staff
- Evidence of successful experience supervising staff and evidence of good supervisory skills including a friendly and easy going demeanor with an emphasis on responsibility, follow through and leadership by example
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Apps, internet)
Highly energetic, self-starting, entrepreneurial and creative in developing ideas, opportunities and problem solving solutions to difficult situations
- Excellent customer service skills including a high degree of patience and friendliness as well as a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities gracefully and maintain focus in a constantly changing environment
- Commitment to the mission of Community Forklift including an interest in reuse and environmental advocacy
- Evidence of strong organizational skills
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a cooperative team-based work environment
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
About the Position
- Full time — up to 40 hours a week
- Coordinate receiving and processing team to receive, unload and process donated materials accurately and efficiently
- Supervise and assist with cleaning, organizing and repairing donated materials
- Help lead team to provide superior customer services to donors and customers
- Organize building materials and products to facilitate easy distribution to the sales floor
- Work positively and productively to support the Pricing and Sales Teams
- Ensure that the processing areas are well organized, tidy and clean
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all staff to fulfill the mission and support team activities
- Compensation: hourly
- Leave: accrual basis
- Holidays: paid
- Medical benefits:
- Health insurance (70% of individual plan paid by CF for eligible employees)
- Vision Coverage (paid in full by CF for eligible employees)
- Dental (50% of individual plan paid by CF for eligible employees)
- Short Term Disability (paid in full by CF for eligible employees)
- Other benefits:
- Store discount (50% discount for all regular employees)
- Work shoe allowance (up to $100 annually for eligible employees)
Send a resume, cover letter and three (3) recent professional references: by email to COOCommunityForklift@gmail.com, by fax (301) 985-5182, or by regular mail to Receiving and Processing Coordinator Position, c/o Community Forklift, 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston, MD 20781. Please, no phone calls.
Retail Sales Supervisor for Green Business
Qualities of the Perfect Candidate
- Prior retail management experience required
- Proven success supervising staff and providing leadership
- Ability to create and maintain a cooperative team-based work environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outgoing, energetic personality
- Self-starter and creative problem solver
- Experience exercising sound judgment and common sense
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Ability to assist all customers or donors in a courteous, friendly manner
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for reuse, sustainability, environmental advocacy and green business
- Able to perform physical labor in all seasons (our warehouse is NOT temperature controlled)
- Strong English speaking and writing skills (Strong Spanish speaking and writing skills a plus!)
- Knowledge of building materials a plus
About the Position
- Provide direct sales assistance to customers
- Train, support and supervise sales staff
- Provide decision-making authority for sales issues during designated shift, including pricing, staffing, customer service and policy implementation
- Provide effective organization and improvement of all check out and sales-related policies and procedures
- Responsible for oversight of daily close out and related record keeping
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping for consignment sales, customer discounts, and employee purchases as well as other sales- related financial procedures
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff to fulfill the mission and support team activities
- Competitive hourly wage
- Paid leave
- Subsidized health, dental and vision plans available
- Opportunity for advancement as the business grows
Send a resume, cover letter and three (3) recent professional references: by email to COOCommunityForklift@gmail.com, by fax (301) 985-5182, or by regular mail to Retail Sales Supervisor Position, c/o Community Forklift, 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston, MD 20781. Please, no phone calls.
Community Forklift offers a Sustainable Business Internship every spring, summer, and fall.
As our Intern, you’ll work with our Outreach & Education Team to build our outreach & publicity both online and in the community. We’ll consider your existing skills and interests to develop a semester-long project compatible with your own academic goals.
In addition, you should expect to gain experience and skills:
- Represent the organization at public events,
- Conduct internet & phone research, and
- Work both independently and within a team.
Please note that our internship is unpaid, but a small stipend to cover your travel will be reimbursed to you at the end of your internship.
Applications accepted year-round. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Outreach(at)CommunityForklift(dot)org.
Thanks for your interest!
Come get your hands dirty for a good cause! Volunteer at the Forklift for a few hours, a day, or even on a regular basis. Opportunities range from helping out at community events to cleaning up and organizing sections of the warehouse.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our volunteer inquiry form here.