And all you have to do is keep up that creative, wacky, elegant, and fun upcycling that you’re already doing!
Every year Community Forklift joins reuse centers all across the nation to participate in The Reuse People Of America’s National Reuse Contest. If you have recently finished a project using reused building materials, or plan to in the near future, just submit it to your local participating store (that’s us!) for a chance to win awesome prizes! The contest closes on October 31, 2015.
Here’s how it works: entrants submit their project to their local participating store (yep, that’s us again!). Community Forklift will hold its own contest with gift certificate prizes for first, second, and third place winners. Then we pass the top 3 winning submissions on to TRP and they’ll select the top 3 national winners!
The top three national winners in each category will receive gift cards redeemable for merchandise at their sponsoring store — $1000, $500 or $250 for first, second and third place, respectively.
Did you hear that!?! $1,000 to spend at Community Forklift! How can you go wrong? Plus, a TRP representative will visit the first-prize winner to conduct an interview, photograph the winning project and treat the victor to dinner at a top local restaurant.
Ok, but what’s the catch? How much work is this going to be?
Not Much Work At All!
1. Entrants must specify a category for each entry:
• Construction and remodeling
• Art and furniture
2. All entries must depict projects completed in 2015.
3. All entries must be submitted through the Community Forklift Webform and include the following:
• A description of the project, no longer than 250-words. Please refrain from specifying store or store employee names. A list of the reclaimed materials used in the project is a plus. Please proof for accuracy and clarity. Winning entries may be edited.
• At least four (4) high-resolution photographs (min. 300 ppi). Do not imbed photos in write-up; they must be separate JPEG attachments. Include at least two “in progress” photos and one “finished” photo. Complex projects may benefit from additional photos.
• Include entrant’s complete mailing address, phone number and email address.
5. Entries must be submitted to a local participating store.
6. Participating stores will accept entries until midnight, October 31, 2015.
7. All entries received by the ‘Lift and TRP will become the property of Community Forklift and The ReUse People of America (The pictures and writings. Don’t worry, not the actual project).
8. Contestants may submit multiple entries, but only one may receive a prize.
Any deviation from these rules may disqualify an entry.
Now that you know how to win, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start upcycling!
For more information and questions:
See TRP’s official contest site: http://thereusepeople.org/reusecontest
Email Aderyn, Community Forklift’s event coordinator, at Events(at)CommunityForklift(dot).org or call our store at 301-985-6011