Every year, Community Forklift joins reuse centers across the country to participate in The ReUse People Of America’s National Reuse Contest. If you have recently finished a project using reused building materials, just submit it to your local participating store (that’s us!) for a chance to win awesome prizes. The contest closes on October 31, 2016.
Here’s how it works: entrants submit their project at the local level. Community Forklift judges select the most impressive projects, awarding gift cards and bragging rights for first, second, and third place winners in each category.
Then we pass the winning entries on to The ReUse People, and they select the top 3 national winners! The national winners in each category will receive gift cards redeemable for merchandise at their sponsoring store — $1000, $500 or $250 for first, second and third place, respectively.
Did you hear that!?! $1,000 to spend at Community Forklift! Plus, a TRP representative will visit the first-prize winner to conduct an interview, photograph the winning project, and treat the victor to dinner at a top local restaurant.
Your chances are excellent – believe it or not, Forklift Fans have won at nationals for the last three years.
1. Entrants must specify a category for each entry: Construction & Remodeling – or – Art & Furniture
2. All entries must depict projects completed in 2016.
3. Entries must be submitted to a local participating store (that’s us!). Please use the Community Forklift Webform and include the following:
4. Participating stores will accept entries until midnight, October 31, 2016.
5. All entries received by the ‘Lift and TRP will become the property of Community Forklift and The ReUse People of America (the pictures and writings. Don’t worry, not the actual project).
6. Contestants may submit multiple entries, but only one may receive a prize.
Any deviation from these rules may disqualify an entry.
If you have questions, please contact Tim, Community Forklift’s event coordinator, at Events(at)CommunityForklift(dot).org or 301-985-6011.